Roofing and Roof Repair Services in Cairns, QLD
Metal Roofing is a specialty of ours.
It’s a common assumption that the cost to replace a roof when it comes time is costly exercise. But this is not the case.
Whether it be a new Roof for a new home build, or a full Roof Replacement on an existing home, the average cost is usually around $25,000 to $35,000 for a standard size dwelling.
A new Roof will easily last 25 years, so the true cost to consider is around $1,000 per year. That’s a cheap insurance when you take into consideration that the Roof is the main form of protection to your number one asset in extreme weather conditions, and we all know that the weather in Far North Queensland can be just that, extreme.
When you choose to engage us for your roofing needs, ALL roofing materials are custom made to order. They are BRAND NEW, we don’t use left-over stock, we don’t use offcuts, and we don’t use second-hand materials.
On every new Roof or full Roof Replacement, we take out a dedicated QBCC Home Warranty Insurance Policy, for your protection.
On every new Roof or full Roof Replacement, we engage an independent Building Certifier, for your protection.
The independent Building Certifier conducts two inspections, both during and after the Roofing installation. They ensure that the Roofing work, and underlying metal or timber structural members, meet all applicable Standards relevant to the National Building Code and Local Government Council.
Here are some of the Roofing services we offer:
- New Home Build Full Roof Installations
- Roof Screw Replacement
- Existing Home Full Re-Roof Installations
- Gutter Guard Systems
- Roof Leaks
- Gutter Cleans
- Roof Restoration
- Roof Repairs & Maintenance
About the Roofing process:
- The expected time frame from start to finish of a new Roof, or a full Roof Replacement is 3-weeks.
- All new roof sheets are laid immediately, usually within 2 to 3 days, and the dwelling is made watertight.
- The custom flashings (and guttering if required) are then measured to order.
- Custom flashings can consist of Barge Cappings, Ridge Cappings, Fascia Cappings, and Pan Flashings.
- Flashings are important components that complete the integrity of the new Roof, and as such, are custom made to the exact dimensions of each individual roofing profile.
- Measuring and ordering roofing materials individually for each project is the only way to ensure a perfect fit, we take our time to ensure just that.
- Roof Sheeting.
- Roof Screws.
- Gutter Guard.
In regard to all the Roofing materials mentioned (i.e. Roof Sheeting, Roof Screws etc), you have two options for the product type / finish. These options are Zincalume Steel, or Colorbond Steel.
- Zincalume would be considered the non-premium option.
- Colorbond would be considered the premium option.
- Roofing Products are covered by the Manufacturer (BlueScope).
- The warranty period is dependant on the product type (i.e. Zincalume Steel, or Colorbond Steel), and the distance from the ocean.
- Roofing product warranty ranges from ‘up to 10-years’, to ‘up to 30-years’, based on the factors mentioned above.
For more information regarding warranty, please visit: https://warranties.bluescopesteel.com.au/site/residential/warranty-estimator.html
Average Price Guide:
- The average price for a new Roof on a dwelling is around $90 to $100 inc GST per square meter.
- You could expect a 4 Bedroom Home to have an area under roof of approximately 230m2.
- Assuming a dwelling of this size, a new Roof or a full Roof Replacement in Colorbond Steel would cost an estimated $20,700 to $23,000 inc GST.
- This price estimate includes the cost of the dedicated QBCC Home Warranty Insurance Policy, and the independent Private Building Certifier.
We are passionate and professional metal roofing installers, and we would love to install a new Roof for you. Please call us today so that we can provide you with a new Roof that will last a lifetime.
Check out our gallery to see some of the new Roof installations we have completed in our local area.